Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2019
The 2019 Boy's Rite of Passage is a family based experience that involves the participation of parents. All parents agree to the following elements:
- Each parent will take part in the first parent meeting, either by joining the conference call on February 24, or by listening to the recording of the conference.
- Parents will register their son for the Rite of Passage on this web page.
- Parents agree to support Tim to be the first person to share about the Boy's Rite of Passage with their sons. We will send a calling letter to each boy going through the Rite of Passage.
- Parents agree to join Tim, Jeannine and/or other possible facilitators for a second parent meeting. The topic of this meting is supporting parents to consciously "release" their son the boy, in order to make space for welcoming in their son the young man. This meeting will be a conference call, but will not be recorded. We'll work with parents to schedule a meeting date and time that works for everyone.
- Parents agree to support their son by writing down his life journey thus far, and giving the letter to Tim prior to the Rite of Passage. Tim will deliver these letters to the boys during the Rite of Passage.
- Parents understand that Tim will send out an orientation letter to the parents that overviews specific details of the Rite of Passage event.
- Parents agree to bring their sons to the full Rite of Passage, happening from either:
- Wednesday May 15 (6:00 pm) - Sunday May 19 (4:00 pm), 2019 or
- Thursday May 23 (6:00 pm) - Monday May 27 (4:00 pm), 2019 or
- Parents agree to be present for the beginning of the Rite of Passage from 6:00 - 8:00 pm on the first day for a parent separation ceremony, as well as the end of the Rite of Passage from 2:00 - 4:00 pm on the final day for a parent reunification ceremony.
- Parents understand that Tim and/or Josh will host a conference call for their sons after the Rite of Passage to support post event integration, as well as to prepare them for their Giveaways.
- Parents agree to support their sons to host a Giveaway after the Rite of Passage, as the final element of the experience.
As you can see, this is a rich and layered experience that involved much more than just the five day Rite of Passage in person event. In order to have a successful experience, it is important that all parents understand and support the full process. Thank you!
As we mentioned on the phone call, this is not a program, but a community experience that we feel deeply called to facilitate. Our hope is for a fair exchange. That said, we're not willing to allow finances to get in the way of any family participating. We're offering the 2019 Boy's Rite of Passage at a sliding scale of $600 - $800, with the actual cost being $700. If you need to pay less than $600, we are open to considering that, but we do require a clear financial agreement upon registration. Thank you.
We require a $100 deposit upon registration, with the full balance being due Wednesday May 1, 2019, two weeks prior to the main event.
Registration is not yet open for Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2019. We will open registration once we take a poll of interested families and see which set of dates works best.
Return from Boys Rite of Passage to Wilderness Survival (homepage)