Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2020
Watch this introduction to the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2020, recorded live on Sunday, March 2, 2020. During this ~90 minute video conference, Tim Corcoran shares an introduction to the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage. The recording also includes sharing from young men who have gone through the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage, as well as community elders involved in the process and a question and answer time from parents. Please note that this recording is for parents only, NOT for youth or teens.
The 2020 Boy's Rite of Passage is a family based experience that involves the participation of parents. All parents agree to the following elements:
- Each parent will take part in the first parent meeting, either by joining the conference call in March 2020, or by watching the recording of the video conference above.
- Parents will register their son for the Rite of Passage on this web page.
- Parents agree to support Tim to be the first person to share about the Boy's Rite of Passage with their sons. We will send a calling letter to each boy going through the Rite of Passage.
- Parents agree to join Tim, Jeannine and/or other possible facilitators for a second parent meeting. The topic of this meting is supporting parents to consciously "release" their son the boy, in order to make space for welcoming in their son the young man. This meeting will be a video conference, but will not be recorded. We'll work with parents to schedule a meeting date and time that works for everyone.
- Parents agree to support their son by writing down his life journey thus far, and giving the letter to Tim prior to the Rite of Passage. Tim will deliver these letters to the boys during the Rite of Passage.
- Parents understand that Tim will send out an orientation letter to the parents that overviews specific details of the Rite of Passage event.
- Parents agree to bring their sons to the full Rite of Passage, happening:
- Friday May 22 (6:00 pm) - Tuesday May 26 (4:00 pm), 2020
- Parents agree to be present for the beginning of the Rite of Passage from 6:00 - 8:00 pm on the first day for a parent separation ceremony, as well as the end of the Rite of Passage from 2:00 - 4:00 pm on the final day for a parent reunification ceremony.
- Parents understand that Tim and/or Josh will host a conference call for their sons after the Rite of Passage to support post event integration, as well as to prepare them for their Giveaways.
- Parents agree to support their sons to host a Giveaway after the Rite of Passage, as the final element of the experience.
As you can see, this is a rich and layered experience that involved much more than just the five day Rite of Passage in person event. In order to have a successful experience, it is important that all parents understand and support the full process. Thank you!
As we mentioned on the phone call, this is not a program, but a community experience that we feel deeply called to facilitate. Our hope is for a fair exchange. That said, we're not willing to allow finances to get in the way of any family participating. We're offering the 2020 Boy's Rite of Passage at a sliding scale of $600 - $800, with the actual cost being $700. If you need to pay less than $600, we are open to considering that, but we do require a clear financial agreement upon registration. Thank you.
We require a $100 deposit upon registration, with the full balance being due Friday May 8, 2020, two weeks prior to the main event.
We are very much aware of the coronavirus pandemic, and still plan on running this event. In the event of cancellation due to coronavirus, we will reschedule the event or offer 100% refunds.
Registration is open for Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2020. Register by clicking the button below, after you have spoken to Tim confirming that your son is ready for the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage.
If you prefer to pay by check, click here to download an application packet (pdf) and apply by US Mail.
Return from Boys Rite of Passage to Wilderness Survival (homepage)