Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2021
Watch this introduction to the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2021, recorded live on Sunday, March 14, 2021. During this two hour video conference, Tim Corcoran, Daniel Kirchhof & Joshua Walters share an introduction to the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage. The recording also includes sharing from parent's whose sons have gone through the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage, as well as community elders involved in the process and a question and answer time from parents. Please note that this recording is for parents only, NOT for youth or teens.
The 2021 Boy's Rite of Passage is a family based experience that involves the participation of parents. All parents agree to the following elements:
- Each parent will take part in the first parent meeting, either by joining the conference call in March 2021, or by watching the recording of the video conference above.
- Parents will register their son for the Rite of Passage on this web page. Our goal is to have registration take place by March 31, 2021.
- Parents agree to support Twin Eagles Staff to be the first individuals to share about the Boy's Rite of Passage with their sons. We will send a calling letter to each boy going through the Rite of Passage.
- Parents agree to join a second parent meeting. The topic of this meting is supporting parents to consciously "release" their son the boy, in order to make space for welcoming in their son the young man. This meeting will not be recorded. We'll work with parents to schedule a meeting date and time that works for everyone.
- Parents agree to support their son by writing down his life journey thus far, and giving the letter to the facilitators prior to the Rite of Passage. These letters will be delivered to the boys during the Rite of Passage.
- Parents understand that an orientation letter will be sent out to the parents that overviews specific details of the Rite of Passage event.
- Parents agree to bring their sons to the full Rite of Passage, happening:
- Wednesday May 19 (6:00 pm) - Sunday May 23 (4:00 pm), 2021
- Parents agree to be present for the beginning of the Rite of Passage from 6:00 - 8:00 pm on the first day for a parent separation ceremony, as well as the end of the Rite of Passage from 2:00 - 4:00 pm on the final day for a parent reunification ceremony.
- Parents understand that staff will host a conference call for their sons after the Rite of Passage to support post event integration, as well as to prepare them for their Giveaways.
- Parents agree to support their sons to host a Giveaway after the Rite of Passage, as the final element of the experience.
As you can see, this is a rich and layered experience that involved much more than just the five day Rite of Passage in person event. In order to have a successful experience, it is important that all parents understand and support the full process. Thank you!
As we mentioned on the phone call, this is not a program, but a community experience that we feel deeply called to facilitate. Our hope is for a fair exchange. That said, we're not willing to allow finances to get in the way of any family participating. We're offering the 2021 Boy's Rite of Passage at a sliding scale of $700 - $900, with the actual cost being $800. If you need to pay less than $700, we are open to considering that, but we do require a clear financial agreement upon registration. Thank you.
We require a 50% payment upon registration, with the full balance being due Wednesday May 5, 2021, two weeks prior to the main event.
We are very much aware of the coronavirus pandemic, and still plan on running this event. In the event of cancellation due to coronavirus, we will reschedule the event or offer 100% refunds.
Registration is open for Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage 2021. Register by clicking the button below, after you have spoken to staff confirming that your son is ready for the Twin Eagles Boy's Rite of Passage.
Return from Boys Rite of Passage to Wilderness Survival (homepage)