You are receiving this email because you signed up for our contact list or participated in an event
with Twin Eagles Wilderness School. Thanks for continuing to be connected with us!
To make sure
you keep getting these emails, please add firstname.lastname@example.org
to your address book or whitelist us.
Having trouble viewing this email? View it on the web here.
Twin Eagles Wilderness School
Late Spring greetings from Twin Eagles Wilderness School! It is a very busy time of year in the natural world, as robins, juncos, song sparrows and many more are fledging, the second wave of wildflowers are blooming like lupine, wild strawberry, queen's cup, and all the trees have now fully leafed out. Mama white tailed deer are getting ready to give birth, and soon summer will be upon us.
eNewsletter - May 2017
May has been a very full month here at Twin Eagles as well. We offered a presentation about our school to our local Kiwanis Club, guided the Sandpoint Waldorf School Third Grade in a Wilderness Overnight Campout, hosted a very popular Morel Mushroom Hunting Workshop, completed our Spokane Monthly Youth Program, and perhaps most importantly initiated a new cohort of young women and young men with our annual Girl's Rite of Passage and Boy's Rite of Passage. Our school year youth and adult programs are coming to completion, and summer camps are nearly full!
Here is what we have in store for you in this months eNewsletter:
- Volunteer or Work with Twin Eagles this summer!
- Summer Camps 2017 Update
- Father Son Wilderness Program Video
Volunteer or Work with Twin Eagles this summer!
We are currently looking for volunteer assistant instructors who wish to deepen their experience of authentic nature based mentoring in a powerful culture of deep nature connection. Make a difference in the world by helping to restore hope in today's youth by connecting them deeply to nature, community, and self. Have a blast connecting with other nature based mentors and a whole community with shared values. Accommodations & meals provided at overnight camps. Click here for more info on volunteering at Twin Eagles.
We are also looking to hire staff for the role of Lead Instructor. We're offering paid positions based on experience, with accommodations & meals provided for overnight camps. Have a blast working in a powerful deep nature connection mentoring culture, and deepening your mentoring expertise while supporting a common Vision of restoring hope in today's youth. We're known for crafting a culture of authentic depth mentoring. Click here for more info on working with Twin Eagles.
Summer Camps 2017 Update
Twin Eagles Wilderness Adventure Summer Camps start in just two weeks! While some camps are now completely full with waiting lists, we do still have some spaces left. Don't delay! Sign up now while you still can!
We have some amazing locations for our summer camps this year:
Spokane Summer Day Camps will be happening at the 9 Mile Day Use Area / Spokane House Interpretive Center, in Nine Mile Falls, WA. This beautiful location is comprised of over 100 acres of wild lands maintained by Riverside State Park. It includes mature Ponderosa Pine forests, lush meadows, and a mile and a half of frontage on the Spokane River that is easily accessible with gorgeous shade trees! It also includes the confluence of the Little Spokane and Spokane River, which is another incredibly diverse area! This spot is just 20 minutes from Spokane, and we are very excited to be running our Spokane Summer Day Camps here for the second year in a row, as we look forward to deepening our relationship with this land.
Sandpoint Summer Day Camps will be happening in two beautiful new locations. Our June Sandpoint Day Camps are located at Camp Stidwell on Mirror Lake in Sagle. Camp Stidwell is comprised of over 160 acres, including mature cedar forests, meadows, creeks, and access to Mirror Lake itself. Our July Sandpoint Day Camps are happening at Round Lake State Park, with over 100 acres of diverse forests, open spaces, creeks, and of course Round Lake. We're incredibly grateful for these very special locations!
Our overnight camps will once again be happening at the Medicine Circle Eco-Retreat in Priest River, Idaho. It is with deep gratitude that we continue our overnight camps here for the 12th year in a row!! Medicine Circle includes a literal tipi and yurt village, outdoor kitchen, and beautiful mature forests, creeks, and springs. We're grateful to David Kirchhof for continuing to host us all these years at Medicine Circle!
There is so much to love about Twin Eagles Summer Camps:
"My boys LOVED Twin Eagles. Wish everyday of school and learning was like a day in the wild with Twin Eagles. We are grateful for all you teach and the deep nature connection you foster in each child. I wish every child could have this experience. We will be back! Thank you!"
- Kids get to be kids again, roaming wild and free in nature.
- Safety. We take campers physical and emotional safety seriously, and hold every member of camp to a high standard that creates a safe space for powerful experiences to emerge.
- Real skills, real challenges, real adventures. Trailing coyotes, making healing salves from St. Johnswort and Yarrow plants, crafting wooden bow and arrows. Does it get any better?
- Our highly trained instructors are some of the finest in the field. First Aid/CPR certification, background checks, and a high level of training in both nature based mentoring and traditional earth skills are all requirements. Our staff are adept at really listening to kids, drawing out their passions, and engaging them fully.
- We have the most fun! Year after year, our campers, instructors and parents consistently report that the Twin Eagles experience is the most fun, engaging, and relevant.
- We offer a genuinely holistic experience rooted in hope, connecting with what is truly important in life - nature, community, and self.
- Shawnee Spitler
This coming summer we are offering thirteen full weeks of summer camp in Sandpoint, Coeur d'Alene, Spokane, and Priest River. They include:
This summer we are continuing our inspirational theme based day camps here at Twin Eagles! 2017 Day Camp themes include:
For full information on our summer camps, check out our Twin Eagles Summer Camp web page here.
- Nature Adventurers Day Camp - Mystery and adventure await all those who heed the call of the wild. Have you ever looked out onto a wild landscape, and imagined all the possible natural adventures, just waiting to be experienced?
- Wilderness Survival Day Camp - There is an ancient calling deep in the heart to experience the freedom and adventure of living wild and free, close to nature - to provide for one's own needs directly from the Earth...
- Nature Ninjas Day Camp - Nature ninjas are the eyes and ears of the tribe, protectors of the village. They are masters of stealth, camouflage, and invisibility, traveling unseen and unheard amongst the shadows...
Father Son Wilderness Program Video
Last month Fathers came with their sons to Twin Eagles from across the country with courageous open hearts as they learned survival shelters, flint and steel fire making, wild edible plants & mushrooms, herbal remedies, and of course storytelling, songs, games, naturalist mysteries and tracking moments. The experience came to a peak with their overnight survival challenge, and ended with most of us in tears as each son acknowledged his father and each father acknowledged his son. That sacred bond was restored and renewed for all, and we all left with full hearts! Come take a peak at the journey with this beautiful video!
Blessings to you and your family this Spring!
co-Director & co-Founder
Twin Eagles Wilderness School
Help Spread the Word!
Do you know a few people who should be receiving these articles and program updates? Let them know and encourage them to subscribe by sending them this link: www.TwinEagles.org/enewsletter.html
Header photo courtesy Joseph Rocchio Photography
Twin Eagles Wilderness School respects both the privacy and time of our subscribers. We will not sell, rent or otherwise share your e-mail address or other personal information to any other person or company. This eNewsletter will be sent out approximately once per month, occasionally more. Our eNewsletters always contain an easy way to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
Track us down on Social Media!
We invite you to like, follow, comment, and share about us on these social media sites. This is a great way to stay connected and help forward the vision of deep nature connection mentoring. Thanks!
For adult & youth program information, free deep nature connection articles and more,
visit our website at: www.TwinEagles.org