You are receiving this email because you signed up for our contact list or participated in an event
with Twin Eagles Wilderness School. Thanks for continuing to be connected with us!
To make sure
you keep getting these emails, please add firstname.lastname@example.org
to your address book or whitelist us.
Having trouble viewing this email? View it on the web here.
Twin Eagles Wilderness School
Summer greetings from Twin Eagles Wilderness School! It is a very busy time of year in the natural world, as all sorts of life is bursting forth on the landscape. During the past weeks, we've had tons of wildlife encounters on the land including finding nests of Hairy woodpeckers, violet-green swallows, California quail, plovers, flycatchers, as well as white tailed deer fawns and young moose. Stinging nettle, cattail, dandelion, plantain, yarrow, st. johnswort, and many more plants are strong on the earth. Crayfish, rainbow trout, small mouth bass, and sunfish are thriving in the lakes and rivers. All of life seems to be expressing itself fully now that summer is here..
eNewsletter - June 2017
June has been a great month here at Twin Eagles as well. Summer Camps are off to a great start, and we just completed our third week. We've already touched the lives of over 100 youth. Today, at a Wilderness Survival Camp in Spokane, one 10 year old boy had been reflecting on his experiences with us over the week, and came back from sitting by the Spokane River with these words:
"A river reflects life and holds life. It can be calm, or super rough. But over time, it overcomes any obstacle."
Here is what we have in store for you in this months eNewsletter:
- Summer Camps 2017 Update
- Volunteer with Twin Eagles this summer!
Summer Camps 2017 Update
Twin Eagles Wilderness Adventure Summer Camps are off to an amazing start! We've already had over 100 kids exploring rivers, sloughs, meadows, ponds, forests, and creeks, celebrating the glory of summer as they learn real skills like flint and steel fire making, debris shelters, practical edible and medicinal plants, and wildlife tracking skills. All of this, of course, held in a container of traditional mentoring culture including spellbinding storytelling and songs rich with lineage. They have taken a journey of awareness and connection, resulting in joy and gratitude as they come home dirty, exhausted, and deeply satisfied. While many camps are now completely full with waiting lists, we do still have some spaces left. Don't delay! Sign up now while you still can!
There is so much to love about Twin Eagles Summer Camps:
"My boys LOVED Twin Eagles. Wish everyday of school and learning was like a day in the wild with Twin Eagles. We are grateful for all you teach and the deep nature connection you foster in each child. I wish every child could have this experience. We will be back! Thank you!"
- Kids get to be kids again, roaming wild and free in nature.
- Safety. We take campers physical and emotional safety seriously, and hold every member of camp to a high standard that creates a safe space for powerful experiences to emerge.
- Real skills, real challenges, real adventures. Trailing coyotes, making healing salves from St. Johnswort and Yarrow plants, crafting wooden bow and arrows. Does it get any better?
- Our highly trained instructors are some of the finest in the field. First Aid/CPR certification, background checks, and a high level of training in both nature based mentoring and traditional earth skills are all requirements. Our staff are adept at really listening to kids, drawing out their passions, and engaging them fully.
- We have the most fun! Year after year, our campers, instructors and parents consistently report that the Twin Eagles experience is the most fun, engaging, and relevant.
- We offer a genuinely holistic experience rooted in hope, connecting with what is truly important in life - nature, community, and self.
- Shawnee Spitler
This summer we are offering thirteen full weeks of summer camp in Sandpoint, Coeur d'Alene, Spokane, and Priest River. They include:
This summer we are continuing our inspirational theme based day camps here at Twin Eagles! 2017 Day Camp themes include:
For full information on our summer camps, check out our Twin Eagles Summer Camp web page here.
- Nature Adventurers Day Camp - Mystery and adventure await all those who heed the call of the wild. Have you ever looked out onto a wild landscape, and imagined all the possible natural adventures, just waiting to be experienced?
- Wilderness Survival Day Camp - There is an ancient calling deep in the heart to experience the freedom and adventure of living wild and free, close to nature - to provide for one's own needs directly from the Earth...
- Nature Ninjas Day Camp - Nature ninjas are the eyes and ears of the tribe, protectors of the village. They are masters of stealth, camouflage, and invisibility, traveling unseen and unheard amongst the shadows...
Volunteer with Twin Eagles this summer!
We are currently looking for volunteer assistant instructors who wish to deepen their experience of authentic nature based mentoring in a powerful culture of deep nature connection. Make a difference in the world by helping to restore hope in today's youth by connecting them deeply to nature, community, and self. Have a blast connecting with other nature based mentors and a whole community with shared values. Accommodations & meals provided at overnight camps. Click here for more info on volunteering at Twin Eagles.
Blessings to you and your family this Summer!
co-Director & co-Founder
Twin Eagles Wilderness School
Help Spread the Word!
Do you know a few people who should be receiving these articles and program updates? Let them know and encourage them to subscribe by sending them this link: www.TwinEagles.org/enewsletter.html
Header photo courtesy Joseph Rocchio Photography
Twin Eagles Wilderness School respects both the privacy and time of our subscribers. We will not sell, rent or otherwise share your e-mail address or other personal information to any other person or company. This eNewsletter will be sent out approximately once per month, occasionally more. Our eNewsletters always contain an easy way to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
Track us down on Social Media!
We invite you to like, follow, comment, and share about us on these social media sites. This is a great way to stay connected and help forward the vision of deep nature connection mentoring. Thanks!
For adult & youth program information, free deep nature connection articles and more,
visit our website at: www.TwinEagles.org