Help us find a new Sandpoint Summer Day Camp Location!
We're looking for a new location for our popular Sandpoint Day Camps this summer, and we need your help! After five years of gratefully hosting our camps at Idaho Fish & Game land, its time for us to move on. Our summer day camps provide transformational deep nature connection mentoring experiences for youth ages 6 - 13, as we guide them into an intimate relationship with the Earth, community, and self.
Our ideal Sandpoint Summer Day Camp location has the following qualities:
If possible, we'd love the following, but they are not deal breakers:
- 15-20 minutes or closer to downtown Sandpoint
- Good road access and adequate parking (up to 35 cars)
- 20+ acres, diverse natural area with open meadows, shaded forest, and water to swim in.
- Low/no mosquitoes, ticks, leeches
- An existing outhouse or the ability to bring in a porta-pottie
- Ability to setup one 18' diameter tipi
- Ability to setup a 10' canopy for registration, or have an existing structure on site to use for this.
- Ability to have up to four separate campfires
- Ability to have a maximum of 40 people on site at a time - 30 campers, 10 staff. Plus parents on Friday closing circle
- We need access for five weeks this summer, June 11 - July 14. Our camps run Mon - Fri 8 am - 5 pm. Kids on site 9 am - 3 pm. Sunday would be staff only for the afternoon - 10 people max
Do you know of some land that meets these needs? If so please let us know by contacting us here.
- Drinking water available on site
- Ability for staff to camp there through the week. They'll need parking, camping, campfire, camp stove, outhouse, and drinking water.
- Low or no cost
We'd also really appreciate your help sharing this request out to your friends, family and networks that might be able to help.
Tim, Jeannine, and the Twin Eagles staff
Header photo courtesy Joseph Rocchio Photography